The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) lays down rules and principles for the management of “Personal Information” by private sector organizations that engage in commercial activities.
Knight Developments* has always been committed to consumers’ privacy, and it therefore welcomes PIPEDA.
Knight Developments considers “Personal Information” to mean any information, other than publicly available information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information.
Knight Developments uses only fair and lawful methods to collect Personal Information.
Knight Developments does not sell, trade, barter, exchange or disclose for consideration any Personal Information in its possession, or that it may obtain in the course of its business activities, to any companies, organizations or individuals outside of The Knight Group.
Knight Developments collects, uses and discloses Personal Information in order to:
- Provide homes and associated services to purchasers and tenants;
- Communicate with purchasers, potential purchasers, tenants, potential tenants, or lease applicants about Knight Developments’ homes, leasing opportunities, existing and upcoming projects, and promotional offers;
- Manage Knight Developments’ relationships with purchasers, potential purchasers, tenants, potential tenants, lease applicants, suppliers, contractors and agents;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Fulfill other purposes that are consistent with or related to the above purposes.
Knight Developments retains Personal Information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill these purposes.
*Knight Developments includes a number of related corporations that are engaged in homebuilding, residential leasing and land development. These related corporations include 1650258 Ontario Inc., 1650259 Ontario Inc., 1735549 Ontario Inc., 2125808 Ontario Inc., and operate under the trade names Duke Lofts, Lakewood Condominiums, Mineral Springs Estates, Seguin Place, Otter and Sam’s Lake Estates and The Knight Group.